Business demography, 2013
* The number of UK business births increased by 28.5% from 270,000 to 346,000 between 2012 and 2013.
* The number of UK business deaths decreased by 6% from 253,000 to 238,000 between 2012 and 2013.
* The total UK business birth rate was 14.1% and the death rate was 9.7%.
* London was the region with the highest birth rate at 17.9% and the highest death rate at 10.6%
* In broad industry terms, business administration and support services had the highest business birth rate at 20.7% and finance and insurance had the highest death rate at 13.1%